Remember Bob The Builder and his talking, lovely, helpful trucks? I know you do. Just like in Bob's case, our trucks are an important part of our living style. Though our ones don't talk but surely they are helpful. If we come to the part where the truck gets lovely, then it is the main purpose of this article. This article is going to introduce you to the methods and works by which you can keep your truck in a good look, always. We might think that we will take proper care of the truck when we first buy it. But trucks are not for taking care, it is always roughly used in different ways. As so its truck bed gets deteriorated and water damages the metal truck parts. On this case, you either have to buy a new truck or weld it in garage. But both of them are an expensive method. Bed liners are somewhere between those methods which are affordable. If we immediately apply bed liners on bed trucks then it will remain for a longer period of time, and even if the truck is roughly used, it will be the bed liners which will get damaged rather than the metal truck bed. After a certain period of time on the basis of the condition of the liner, you will have to remove the previous liner, clean the truck bed and then apply one again. Nowadays liners are easy to apply with spray guns and roll-ons. But which one will be the best for you is difficult to decide by yourself. That is why you should read the full article, understand the bullet points, know the features and then you will be ready to buy the perfect one for your truck. Here comes our 4 best DIY Truck Bed Liners.
Quick Comparison Between the 4 Best DIY Truck Bed Liners[table id=8 /]
1. Herculiner HCL1B8 Brush-on Bed Liner KitAs we know truck bed lining are not a one step work. It has several steps and several kits to use. The Herculiner liner kit is no different. It has one coating and one brush for specific tight spots lining. The is is ready to use, you will just have to remix the thing for equal texture, then you will be good to go. There are also two rollers for nice texture lining. Addition to that there is also an abrasive pad, which helps to make the truck bed. Three steps are needed to be precise for the best coating of Herculiner. The coating is polyurethane and rubber granule which covers and protects the truck bed. The whole application is done with the rollers, pad, and brush which have been given with the recliner kit, for the best result. The application of the kit according to instruction will give a stunning look to the truck bed and skid resistant protective coating. It can be applied to several types of surfaces not only on steel. For example on wood, concrete, aluminum, asphalt, PVC etc.
- 1-gallon black protective coating
- Application brush
- 2 rollers
- Polyurethane protective coating
- 5 times thicker than other roll-ons
- Resistant surface don't get chipped, flaked or peeled
- Prevents rust
- Seals all surfaces
- Resistant to gasoline, oil, solvents, and chemicals
- Easy to use
- Ready to use mixture
- Comfortable rollers
- Might take time to dry
2. U-POL 0820V-GUN Black URETHANE Truck Bed Liner KitThis one is a simple bed liner with all the necessary equipment and to make it quick for you. Apart from making the truck bed strong and resistant to many things it helps deaden sounds and vibrations. It is a waterproof bed liner with UV resistant. The UV resistant feature of bed liners is very important especially for the trucks used in the hot environment and because of this the discolorization doesn't happen. It can withstand the scratches from the stuff you carry on your truck and the stains of many things while adventuring or working.
- UV resistant
- Color doesn't fade away
- Scratch proof
- Stain proof
- Spray gun 726 included
- The liner stays for a long time
- Color doesn't fade
- Safe from water
- Scratches and stains doesn't stay
- Deaden sounds and vibrations
- Using spray gun need extra precaution
3. Al's Liner ALS-BL Black Premium DIY Polyurethane Liner KitAl's liner kit is a 3 step liner which will give an excellent finishing to your truck bed. It comes in any color or texture. Which is not Line Xtreme with other DIY bed liners. By following the instructions you will get the perfect mixture for applying. The applied coat will protect rust as well. It has been mentioned that it can be applied with a roll-on application or sprayer for the best results. This very bed liner will give your truck bed a professional look. It will protect it from gasoline, oil, chemicals and solvents. The application is without any hassle and very easy. The coating is made of polyurethane high solids coating. The Al's liner vinyl flattener that you will get with the kit is for boosting the durability of the liner, which is also not reflecting coating. The Al's liner rubber crumb works against the water. The rubber crumb of this kit is ground rubber which is way lighter than much other rubber crumbs. Al's liner LMR's main function is to clean up the mess after using the spray gun. Because of the spray gun lefts a lot residue after the work.
- 5 point texture nozzle
- 1.25-gallon hopper
- Simplifies cleanup
- Works on both hot or cold molds
- Colorless and odorless cleaner
- Adds texture
- Aggressive on non-skid surface
- Semi gloss finish
- Easy to use
- Not abrasive to skin
- Flattener reduces shine and increases material hardness
- Many colors
- More textures
- Spray guns are clumsy
4. Linerxtreeme Spray on Bedliner KitLine Xtreme is spraying bed liner with a lot of given coating precisely 3 gallons. Yes, it is a 3-gallon kit which is able to cover a 100 SQ feet area. The color of the liner is black. A restriction that it has is that it is only available with spray guns. It is for many people easy to use spray guns but the ones who don't know how to use it will have a hard time learning it. Otherwise, spray guns are fun and easy to use. This kit also comes with 2 reducer cans and it will do cover a large area with enough of its amount. It has a high standard finishing irrespective of the size of the area. It is both for trucks and other vehicles like boat or jeep to give a nice looking finishing. It is also long lasting which gives a very good and almost glossy touch to the applied area.
- Black color liner
- Professional quality
- UV protection
- Adhesion is very good
- 3 gallons kit
- Sprayable bed liner
- Sunlight protection
- Color doesn't fade away
- Easy instructions
- Spraying might be difficult
Things to Consider Before Buying The Best DIY Truck Bed LinersThe above mentioned and reviewed products are one of the best products on the market. Which narrows your list of bed liners and makes it easy for you to choose. But you will find it difficult to choose if you go out to buy one instead of ordering from online. That is why here is a buying guide for the bed liners so that you can understand which are the things that you have to consider or look for before buying a bed liner.
Types of Bed LinersNow this category is not about the brands who sells what type of bed liner. This one is about the material or the type used in the bed liners to give you what you want for your truck. There is one type of bed liner which are made of plastic or rubber, very well constructed and textured. These are the bed liners which are already given a shape of the truck you just need to buy it and follow the instruction to fit it on the truck. There is no DIY step either. You will get these type of bed liners ready made for particular cars. That is, there is a drop in bed liners for each individual cars. So you will have to look well before buying one. The drop in bed liners usually goes well against water and dust. But the main thing about drop-ins is that you need almost zero effort to install this on your bed truck.
RUGBed rugs are an ultra tough work surface designed for exterior use. It is like a carpet for your truck bed but gives your truck bed a very good protection. It has been used commercially and personally. It protects the truck bed from water, rust, and scratches. There are other types of bed liners but rug bed liners are considered to be one of the best forms of bed liner. The advantage you are going to get from rug bed liners is that its back is made with soft materials that, because of the bed liners the original layer of the truck won't be scratched.
Matmat bed liners are also like rugs or drop-ins. That comes as a carpet as well. They are usually thick and though. Well constructed and very good to protect the bed of the truck. It also comes with a customized cut for each model of car. It is built in a way so that it doesn't get slippery while carrying things on the truck. It keeps the objects intact.
Brush LinerThis one is totally different than the former three types of bed liners. This is the actual DIY truck bed liner. To use this type of bed liners several kits are necessary and also patience. It might cost you some time but it is definitely going to help you for a longer time and save your truck bed from any occurrences. Brush liners are liquid in the form and of course, it needs to be applied with a brush which goes with its name. You can apply it wherever you want with the brush or roller. Since you will be able to apply to each and every place there will be less possibility of gaps. It will protect the truck bed from anything which can be harmful to the metal underneath it, like water protection and it will lead to rust protection, will provide stiffness to the material or objects which the truck will be carrying etc.
Spray Bed LinerThis one is just like the brush liner. The only difference with this is that you will have to use a spray gun to apply the liner. Though many of them come in a way so that you can also use it with a brush. Spray guns are a bit tricky to handle but soon it becomes easy after practicing. In another sense, it might get easier than using a brush or roller. You will just have to spray the whole truck bed with the spray gun.
How to Get The Best Result from Bed Liners
CleaningThe place where you are going to apply the bed liner needs to be very clean and without debris. If there are some rust or hole you will have to clean those up and fill those with extra molten metals. Otherwise, you will not have the best result out of the bed liner.
Preparing The LinerAs you will find with many brands that they come with a ready-made mixture of the . But in many cases, you might have to prepare the mixture on your own. The company provides all the components and you will need to follow the instruction and prepare the mixer of the liner. This is actually for the benefit of the consumer because some components are there which, if gets mixed will become stiff and might make unwanted texture on the truck bed. So preparation of the liner takes a lot of time but if you are willing to have a nice bed liner than must follow the instruction and make the mixture of the liner perfect.
ApplicationIn the application step it's not only the applicable areas you will have to pay attention but also to the areas which you need to cover. Covering becomes necessary when you are using a spray gun because the sprayed color covers a large area. As a result, it might cover the parts of the car which should not be. After covering the non-appliable areas you will have to apply one layer at a time. That is you will have to apply one layer then you will have to weight to dry that layer and then apply the next layer. Exactly how many layers you will have to apply will be instructed in the manual of the particular bed liner. In the case of a drop in, rugs or mat these processes are not necessary. The mounting of these time-consuming processes correctly will give you an excellent and durable quality of truck bed liner.
- It is the to keep in mind that the paint doesn't affect anything else in the garage or wherever you are working, and also having some plastic cover all over the dining area under the truck will save a few hours of cleaning.
- Carefully apply the mixture to all the places evenly. If any one place gets left then it will spoil the whole lining of the truck. So, in this case, you need be more cautious.
ConclusionNo matter how carefully you use your truck, you will always need bed liners after a certain period of time. Though trucks are for heavy use and no one uses it carefully, still if there are some people who do that, you will still need it. Different bed liners suit different cars. Always mention the car model to the salesman or research if you are buying from an online site. Since the using of the bed liner are easy and it gives all the protection it needs it is a good choice to spend some time by lining your own truck. Yes, it can be done by paying money, but since it is an easy work to do why to spend money without the need. The above-mentioned tips, types and application rules will come to your use everytime you will need to re-do the whole bed lining. wield is not something we do every day. But after applying the bed liners it becomes very easy and enjoyable to own the truck and do the usual job. The whole article will help you to choose the best DIY truck bed liners according to your choice and need.
Featured Image Legacy