Are you looking to lose a bit of weight, tone up those muscles and boost your energy levels naturally? Whey protein for women is a popular supplement that helps you do all this and improve your overall health while at it. The beauty of it all is that the supplement makes for delicious snacks and treats, is easy to digest and contains a host of essential nutrients as well as amino acid. While all that is very good news for the health-conscious woman, the bad news is that there are so many different types of whey proteins for women in the market these days. How do you know which one is right for you, and how do you get the best price? Here is a review of some of the healthiest, effective and trustworthy whey proteins for women that should help you buy the right choice.
What You Need to Know About Whey Proteins for WomenThere are three main types of whey protein powder:
- Concentrate: This type of whey proteins occurs as a result of drying whey after coagulation. Concentrate whey has a wide variety of proteins (80%), and the other 20% is made up of carbs and fat.
- Isolate: This comes about as a result of processing whey concentrate to reduce the carbohydrates and fats. This contains 90% proteins and just 10% carbohydrates and fats.
- Hydrolysate: This comes about as a result of processing either whey isolate, or whey concentrate to break down the proteins into smaller parts. Of the three types of whey, this is the easiest to digest.
1. Isopure Zero Carb Unflavored 25g ProteinThis is for those who have been looking for a ketogenic or keto-friendly protein powder to help support their ketogenic macros and build muscle mass as well as aid faster recovery. This Isopure Zero Carb Unflavored 25g Protein is 100% Whey protein isolate, GMO-free, pure and provides you with 25g of proteins per serving. You can cook it, bake it or even blend it. The beauty of it is that it goes with pretty much everything because it is unflavored. It is by far one of the easiest ways to add high-quality proteins into any of your preferred meals, beverages, soups, smoothies or baked goods.
- GMO-free, Gluten-free, lactose-free
- Easily blends into a wide variety of dishes and beverages
- 100% whey protein isolate with 25g or proteins in every serving
- It is unflavored which might be a problem for some people
2. Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder, Double Rich ChocolateThis Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder offers you 24g of protein with every serving. It contains 1 gram of fat, 1 gram of sugar and 3 grams of carbs, making it the perfect combo for women who want to lose some weight naturally while upping their protein intake. One of the good things about this whey protein is that it has been "instantized" meaning that you can now easily mix it without getting any lumps or clumps in your smoothie. It is a gluten-free shake that boldly highlights all the ingredients on the label, so you know exactly what you are putting in your body.
- Easy to prepare
- Instantized so you won't get any lumps
- Disclosed ingredients
- Has no artificial flavors (some people like to taste their whey proteins)
3. Orgain Organic Plant-Based Protein Powder, Vanilla BeanThe Orgain Organic Plant-Based Protein Powder, Vanilla Bean is a vegan whey protein designed for the woman who knows exactly what they want and isn't willing to compromise to get it. Containing 21 grams of a plant-based protein source such as pea, chia seeds, brown rice (organic) and 5 grams of dietary fiber as well as 5 grams’ carbs and no sugar, this protein gives you 150 calories with every serving. It is gluten-free, dairy-free, lactose-free, soy-free, non-GMO and kosher. With absolutely no artificial ingredients, this is an easy to prepare shake that only needs to be mixed with water, a protein shake recipe that you love or milk and you are good to go.
- Made out of organic ingredients
- Gluten-free, non-GMO, kosher whey protein
- Easy to prepare
- Some varieties don't taste very good when mixed with water
4. Forzagen Protein Powder for WomenThe Forzagen Protein Powder for Women collagen protein shake for women is a high protein snack designed for weight loss. This protein shake is for those women who want a low carb shake that has fat-burning capabilities. This protein shake contains Hyaluronic and folic acid making it one of the best multi collagen protein shakes in the market today.
- Easy to prepare
- Contains nine key ingredients including green tea extract
- Works as an effective appetite suppressant to boost weight loss
- A bit hard to dissolve in cold water
Featured Image Legacy