Have you ever been at a networking event and had someone introduce themselves to you, only to then forget their name ten short seconds later? Lame… Or perhaps you were having an animated conversation with a friend, and something they said made you think of a story you wanted to share. But, once you started talking, you ended up losing your trail of thought right in the middle of what you were saying. Sound familiar? Yeah… that can be pretty embarrassing, especially if the point you wanted to make was important. If this has happened to you more times than you would care to admit, you need to get proactive and figure out how to stop that from happening again. According to experts, this has everything to do with your working memory. It’s the part of your brain that functions a lot like a computer cache. Too geeky? Okay, we’ll bring it down a notch. The working memory is the cognitive part of your brain that’s tasked with the temporary storage of information. That way, the other parts of it can focus on other operations. So, if for instance, you had to add three numbers – 39, 64, and 17 – without using a pen, paper, or calculator, your brain would have to hold all three of them in its working memory, as it figures out the arithmetic part of it. Makes sense? Great! Now for the folks whose working memory is great, doing that mental calculation isn’t all that hard. For others, however, it can be quite the herculean task. With that being said, here are 8 of the best supplements for memory as recommended by the experts to get your working memory in tip-top condition and support brain health.
1. Best Overall – Editor’s ChoiceIf you’re looking for a supplement that’s guaranteed to boost your mental clarity and enhance your cognitive ability, the Genius Consciousness Super Nootropic Brain Booster might be just what the doctor ordered. It is formulated from clinically-tested, proven, and trademarked ingredients that boost dopamine production and ignite neurons to enjoy peak levels of thought processing. The best part about it is that it is made using all-natural ingredients.
- Clinically proven to improve memory and concentration
- Made from all-natural ingredients
- Contains caffeine
2. Best Supplements for Memory to Boost ConcentrationIf you’re looking for a memory supplement that also works to reduce stress and improve your mood, the Neuro Peak Brain Support Supplements guarantee to do just that. The product has cognition-enhancing ingredients like Ginkgo Biloba, alongside Rhodiola Rosea – an ingredient that has been used for centuries to re-energize the mind and boost your concentration while elevating your overall mood.
- Scientifically formulated for optimal performance
- Contains ingredients that revitalize the mind and improve mood
- Shows positive results among individuals with ADD
- May have a few potential side effects on some users
3. Best Anti-Aging Supplements for MemoryOne of the unfortunate symptoms of aging is forgetfulness. Natures Craft’s Neuro Health Brain and Focus Supplements are formulated from a proprietary blend of Bilberry Fruit Extract, Green Tea Extract, Glutamic Acid, DMAE Bitartrate, DHA, and several other active ingredients. These are clinically proven to improve mental clarity, reduce brain fog, and enhance concentration for long periods. Its rich blend of vitamins, minerals, and herbs sets it apart as one of the most effective anti-aging memory supplements we’ve come across.
- Suitable for individuals of all ages
- Has a potent blend of memory-enhancing vitamins, minerals, and herbal extracts
- Made using all-natural GMO-free ingredients
- Contains some inactive ingredients
4. Best Memory Supplements With Mushroom ExtractsMushrooms are the ultimate superfood. For centuries, they've been lauded for their potent medicinal benefits, one of which includes their brain-boosting properties. Genius Mushrooms combine the powerful effects of three of the most nutrient-rich fungi on the planet – Reishi, Cordyceps, and Lion’s Mane. The extracts from these mushrooms not only work wonders on your cognitive performance, but they boost the immune system function as well. Talk about full-body benefits!
- Boosts brain and immune system function
- 100% caffeine-free
- Elevates energy levels naturally
- May cause drowsiness in some individuals
5. Best Memory Supplements for KidsIf you want to mold your child to become the next Einstein, now’s the time to start. A major part of the process has a lot to do with what you’re feeding them. Granted, you won’t hear them asking for seconds on veggies. That, however, shouldn’t stop you from giving them their daily nutritional requirements in from of delicious SmartyPants Kids Gummy Multivitamin Supplements. They’re chock-full of Omega-3, vitamin A, B12, C, K, folate, and iodine, which all work to enhance their brain development.
- Kids love the taste
- GMO-free, gluten-free, and allergen-free
- May not be ideal for kids with ADD
6. Best Memory Supplements for All-Round Brain FunctionNeuriva Brain Performance Plus is no doubt one of the best brain support supplements when it comes to fueling all six indicators of brain performance. It is clinically proven to improve memory, accuracy, learning, focus, reasoning, and concentration. It contains no caffeine in its ingredients and is ideal for vegetarians.
- Contains coffee berry extracts which increase levels of BDNF- a protein that strengthens connections between brain cells
- GMO-free and suitable for vegetarians
- Some users report experiencing vivid dreams
7. Best Memory Supplements for Alzheimer’s DiseaseArazo Nutrition Brain Plus Supplements contain a potent combination of 41 different herbs, vitamins, and minerals, each in just the right quantity to boost brain function. It also has a special proprietary blend of DMAE and L-Glutamine, which have proven to improve the symptoms and overall brain function of seniors with Alzheimer’s.
- Memory improvement, focus, and clarity
- Reduces stress and improves mood
- Perfect for aging individuals with degenerative brain disorders
- Some users report stomach upsets for the first week of taking them
- Helps you get into and stay in the flow state for longer
- Supports memory and promotes focus
- Keto-friendly and gluten-free
- Slightly pricey
Your Brain Deserves a Little TLCYour brain is your body’s powerhouse. If you find that your short term memory isn’t working as great as it once did, now’s as good a time as any to start taking supplements for memory improvement and to give your brain the healthy boost it needs to function optimally. All the products reviewed in this guide are 100% drug-free and have been clinically proven to improve cognitive health and function. It’s time to give your brain a little TLC.
Featured Image Legacy