Curtains are an excellent solution for complimenting your window treatments and décor. Hanging them will require quality materials to hold them firmly in place. One of the essential requirements are rods which come in varied types and require you to factor out some features to ensure you get nothing but a quality brand that can last you for generations to come. However, if you do not have enough information, choosing one may be a challenge. For this piece, we have reviewed the top best curtain rods to aid you in selecting a quality brand that suits your needs.
Best PickOur best pick on the list goes to Decopolitan Urn Single Rod Set. The curtain rod touts of its telescopic diameter which extends between 72 to 144 inches to fit your window. Its steel material is sturdy and features a 1” diameter which holds heavier fabrics while its traditional black Antique finish blends well with your window treatments and most decors bringing that stylish looks in your home or office.
Budget PickOur budget pick goes to Kenney Decorative Window Curtain Rod. The curtain rod can be installed in any room and can hold the light to medium weight fabrics. Its 5/8” diameter adjusts from 48 to 86 inches while leaving a 3.5-inch wall clearance for sidelight. It is affordable and comes with all mounting hardware.
Quick Comparison Between The Best Curtain Rods[table id=136 /]
1. Decopolitan Urn Single Rod Set
- Built to last
- Designed with a high-quality steel material with an antique finish which blends well with most décor
- 1” rod diameter for accommodating heavy fabrics
- Comes with mounting hardware
- 72 to 144 inches telescopic range
2. Kenney Decorative Window Curtain Rod
- Ideal for installation in any room
- Comes in varied sizes lengths (28 to 48, 48 to 86) and finishes for increased flexibility
- Comes along with matching hardware
- 5/8” diameter
- Pairs well with light to medium curtains
- Accommodates curtains with grommets, back tops, pockets, and tab tops
- Projects 3.5” from the mounting wall for increased privacy
- Can be used with clip rings
3. Kenney Chelsea Standard Window Curtain Rod
- Ideal for medium and light curtains
- Adjustable diameter with a 3 -inch projection for increased privacy and side light
- Compliments most home decors and window treatments
- Mounting hardware is included
- Available in five finishes to satiate different customer preferences
- 5/8” diameter for accommodating standard windows
4. Kenney Valencia Window Curtain Rod
- Adds a touch of style to any room
- Comes with mounting hardware
- Has strong finials and a steel construction to keep your curtains in place
- Has an adjustable diameter which can be adjusted to fit different window sizes
- Prevents side light and improves privacy with its 2.75-inch projection
- Available in three different finishes
- Ideal for medium or lightweight curtains
- Accommodates curtains with back tabs, grommets, pockets, tab tops, and clip rings
5. Decopolitan End Cap Curtain Rod
- Designed with robust steel for maximum support of heavier fabrics
- Adjustable 7/8” diameter rod which accommodates clip rings with 7/8 inches
- Has a contemporary nickel finish which brings elegance to any room
- Comes with all mounting hardware
- Customizable size from 36 to 72 inches long
6. Kenney Single Curtain Rod
- All mounting hardware is included
- Has a smooth, stylish espresso finish for improving elegance and compliment your window treatments
- Diameter rod can be adjusted between 28 and 48 inches while leaving a 2-inch clearance for your privacy
- Product of USA
- Recommended for lightweight drapery and sheers
7. Montevilla Leaf Ball Curtain Rod
- Available in two adjustable sizes (26-48, 48-86)
- Has an adjustable 5/8” drapery rod
- Strong double steel rod for optimal support
- Easy to install
- Features a Vintage Bronze finish
- Comes with mounting hardware
8. Rod Desyne Lockseam Window Curtain Rod
- Has a 3/4” tall heavy-duty lock seam for optimal support
- An adjustable diameter of between 28 to 48 inches
- Recommended for pocket drapery and valances
- Compliments your window treatment and décor with its matching mounting hardware
- Leaves a 2- inch wall clearance for side light
- Rod coated on both sides for added elegance and durability
9. Kenney Spring Tension Curtain Rod
- 7/16 adjustable brass finish that compliments your décor
- Easy to install and use
- Has a non-scratch and a non-slip rubber ends for keeping your drapery rod in place
- Operates when the seam is open
- Adjustable diameter between 28 to 48 inches
10. Achim Home Furnishings Buono Ii Rod & Finial
- Available in three different sizes (66 to 120 “, 48 to 86”, and 28 to 48”)
- Easy to install
- 0.75” telescopic adjustable diameter rod which can be extended to fit your window size
- Designed with creativity to bring that elegant look in your room
- Comes with matching mounting hardware for complimenting your window treatments
- Mounting brackets can be adjusted between 3.5 to 4 inches
Benefits of Using Curtain Rods
AffordableCurtain rods are affordable and you do not need to break the bank to buy one. So, you don't have to stick on traditional ways.
Helps organize your roomYou may invest in quality curtains but without a curtain rod, your windows will look disorganized and unpresentable. Curtain rods help you organize your room and bring a contemporary touch to your home.
Help save energyModern curtain rods are designed with wall clearance for side light. This feature allows enough light to penetrate through the window or sheer minimizing any need of putting the lights on during the day, helping you save on energy.
Improve the value of your homeCurtain rods feature different style, designs, and colors to compliment your window treatments and décor. They come with matching hardware to liven up your room and give it a touch of elegance enhancing its aesthetic value.
Easy to installYou do not need to be a professional to install a curtain rod. The accessories are easy to mount and do not consume much time making them a great solution for your home or office.
Things to Consider When Buying Curtain RodsCurtain rods come in different color, style band design and before making a decision on the perfect drapery rod to buy, you need to consider some important aspects which include:
Window sizeJust like your windows, drapery rods come in varied sizes. To make sure you get the right size for your window, you will need to know the window size. If you need several, you need to measure each individual window and write down the size. Even the adjustable models will require you to know the window size prior to choosing your preferred rod. As a rule, the rod size should be 8 to 12 inches longer than your window width to avoid any disappointments.
Rod materialDrapery rods are designed using different materials. The most popularly used materials are plastic, wooden and metal. Usually, the wooden type comes in varied style depending on the type of wood and are a great pick for light to medium drapes. Though they are affordable and easy to install, they can be challenging to remove. Wood curtain rods are also susceptible to scratches. Hanging weighty drapes may cause wooden rods to snap calling for a replacement. Plastic curtain rods are affordable and easy to trim and install. However, they cannot hold heavy drapes like wood and metal but are a great pick for medium weight fabrics. Metal window rods, on the other hand, are sturdy compared to both wooden and plastic models. Unlike the wooden type, metal rods add a touch of elegance and style. They feature different style which can complement your window treatment. Unlike wood and plastic types, the metal rods are an excellent pick for heavier fabrics. However, some metal like iron may scratch the coating exposing them to rust. The drapes material should help you when selecting the preferred rod material.
Rod diameterRod diameter is another important aspect to consider when shopping for your curtain rod. Lightweight and medium fabrics are great for rod diameters less than 1" tall while heavier drapes require at least one-inch thick diameter to prevent them from sagging.
Curtain rod typeCurtain rods can either be single or double. Each type has its benefits and this may vary depending on what you may be looking for. One advantage of installing a single curtain rod is that they accommodate almost any application. However, if you would like to hang two curtains you may need a double rod. Though you can still hang two curtains on a single curtain rod, they do not look more presentable.
ColorThe curtain rod color can improve the aesthetic value of your room or destroy it. Let your décor guide you choose the right drapery rod color. Curtain rods with matching hardware bring a contemporary look.
Included items in the packageYou will require mounting hardware to install your curtain rods. Before making your purchase, get to know if all the required hardware is included or not to help you determine how much you may need to get it installed.
How to hang curtain rods properlyCurtain rods need to be installed properly to ensure they are in the right position or else your curtain will not hang properly and bring the aesthetic look. Professionally installed curtain rods help organize your window and make it look presentable. With these tips, you can easily navigate through this.
Measure your curtain sizeBefore deciding on where to install your curtain rod, you will need to first get the measurements of your curtains in advance to help you choose the right spot to hang the rod. Measure your curtain and window widths and ensure your curtain has a 2-inch allowance on both sides for presentability and uniformity.
Determine where you would like your curtains to fallMeasure the length from your floor and leave a ½- inch space from the floor to prevent your curtain from touching the floor. Using a pencil, make a visible marking to guide you when hanging your curtains. Place a tape measure where you would like your curtains to fall and measure the length of your curtains in an upward direction to determine the right spot to position your rod. Use a ladder to avoid stretching and minimize any risk of falling.
Measure your curtain rod lengthBefore mounting your brackets, you need to get your curtain rod length to help you determine the right spot to install them. As a rule, your curtain rod should extend three to six inches past your bracket which requires you to deduct the space on both sides before marking the right position. Using a level and a pencil. Place your brackets on the wall and mark where the screws should go.
Drill hole where you will fix your screwsUsing the right drill bit size, drill holes on the wall where the screws will go and make them large enough to allow easy placement of your screw anchors. Using a screwdriver tighten the screws until the brackets are firm enough. Pace your drapes on the rod and hang them.
What makes a good curtain rodA good curtain rod should be able to hold firmly the recommended fabric weight without slipping or bending A good curtain rod should be easy to install and use A great curtain rod should be of the right size as described
ConclusionCurtain rods are one of the greatest investments you can do as a homeowner. They not only compliment your home décor and window treatments but also make your room look more presentable, organized and classy. Better still, they can be installed in different rooms and once you buy one, you can enjoy using it for generations to come with less or no maintenance. While the market will have different brands to choose from, you need to take time and choose your right curtain rods depending on your needs. Let your curtain fabric, window size, interior décor, design, style and material help you identify the preferred rod for your needs. All the best curtain rods we have featured above are a great pick if chosen correctly.
Featured Image Legacy