Do you have a thing for bees? Do you really keeping them? If yes, then this for you and today we will talk about honey extractors. The fact is that you need to be careful while looking for the best honey extractor as a good one will deliver what you expect out of it, quite efficiently. In case, you do not how to buy an extractor, then there is no need to worry as we have got you covered for that. We have explained that in this post in the best possible ways. We request our readers to read it till the end and then decide on their own.
A honey extractor usually is a device that compresses honeycombs for honey, but does not damage the combs while doing so. You can make a choice between radial (top bar pointing outwards) and tangential (one side of combing pointing outwards). We have collated a list of honey extractors that you can choose from.
Here comes our 7 best honey extractors.
Quick Comparison Between the 7 Best Honey Extractors
1. New Two 2 Frame Stainless Steel Bee Honey Extractor
- Has a glossy stainless steel body
- The drum is 29 inches high
- It has a diameter of 13.5 inches
- The drum is conically shaped
- It has a 2 inch outlet with a stopper
- This is a double and two framed extractor
This is a well constructed piece of equipment that needs no advertising gimmicks. It is a stainless steel made extractor that is sturdy enough to withstand a lot of wear and tear.
The best part is about this extractor is that it is reasonably priced. This makes it newbie friendly and anyone can afford it. All you need is to use and try it on your own. Don’t get worked up, you need to do it once to learn handling it more conveniently.
- It saves your time and energy
- Can fit into medium, shallow and deep frames
- Has 2 handles on each side for easy carry facility
- Is easy to install
- Easier to use
- The enclosed surface keeps honey from falling off
- The extractor has sharp edges that you need to be careful about while working on it
- This works fine for a small apiary
2. Best Choice Products 2 Frame Stainless Steel Honey Extractor
- It has a smooth body of stainless steel
- It is light in weight (21 pounds)
- The height of the drum is 23.5 inches
- It is 16 inches wide
- Has a solid metallic crank that helps in smooth operation
Fits the bill for a beginner and even a professional, this makes it a versatile device for sure. The basket can hold 2 frames and has a sturdy construction. It is very durable and it delivers what it promises that of efficient extracting. What makes it different is its asking price.
Best Choice sells products at fair prices and this equipment is just an example of their endeavor. In other words, it is a realistic honey extractor that needs no special mention at all.
- Smart looking honey extractor
- Basket can hold 2 frames
- Easy to operate
- It is simple to install
- It is a value for money extractor
- Constructed in such a way that it helps pouring honey after extraction
- The metal feet can damage floor of any type and that should be looked into
- The legs are little short and they need to be taken care of
3. Goplus Large 2 Frame Stainless Steel Honey Extractor
- It has a really stout body made from stainless steel
- Has a height of 30.3 inches that makes it pretty deep
- Is 15.7 inches in diameter
- It is light in weight as it weighs only 22 pounds
This is one of those few products that need no recommendation because of its high quality. It is a well known extractor that it is reliable and it does match up your demands with its 2 framed structure. No do not go as per this structure, as it is not at all fragile. In fact, it works like a beast and delivers the best results for you to use it with your deep, medium or shallow frames.
It is totally worth its price and you will be glad to know that it is quite reasonable. Not to mention, that this is considered an ideal way to start for a rookie.
- It is extremely easy to operate this extractor and it practically requires no manual
- It is a sturdy extractor owing to its construction
- It is very user friendly
- Very reasonably priced
- It could do with a better finishing as it becomes your responsibility to ensure that it does
- The tank is deep and if you want to take it as a con, then it could be one
4. Tek Motion 4-Frame Large Stainless Steel Honey Extractor
- Stainless steel body adds to its luster
- The gate material used is nylon
- 4 frames make it more flexible and efficient
- It is 23 inches in height
- The diameter is 19.8 inches
This is one of those easy to operate extractors that offer with the best experience. It has 4 frames and a rugged construction that you can rely on. These 4 frames balance the extractor very well and you can work without thinking about plummeting it. We speak from personal experience that this is a real deal if you are starting with bee keeping.
This is a good alternative for a hobbyist and there are no doubts about it. It is simple to use and you can do a lot with this to work on your skills.
- Trust us, this is what your hives need
- Its steel body makes it hard-wearing
- Uses minimum time and labor to extract more
- Easy to install
- Effortless to use
- Saves a lot of time as well as effort while extracting
- The legs are very sharp and you may need to sand them if you like
- The price of the extractor could be a problem for rookies
5. VIVO New Electric Four 4 Frame Stainless Steel Honey Extractor
- It has a 304 stainless steel body that makes it shine
- It stands 16 inches high above the ground
- Runs on a motor that does not consume a lot of electricity
- The bottom extractor is conical in shape
- This makes it easy to drain honey after extracting
- It has an easy to view plastic top cover
Okay, this one is an electrical extractor that you can put to good use. This can fit into a medium, deep and a shallow well alike. Not to forget, that this actually saves your effort and time of course while extracting. It has a capacity of 120 volts motor that can fit into a standard 110 AC (like a wall power).
Oh, the best part is that it is very quiet and does not disturb its surroundings with annoying noises. This should be mentioned as one of its prime features.
- This is long-lasting extractor owing to its body
- This is a time saver and you can manage other errands while extracting honey if you like
- It adds to your electric bills
- You need to keep it close to an electrical circuit every time you extract honey
6. New Large Two 2 Frame Stainless Steel Bee Honey Extractor
- Has a stainless steel construction
- Light in weight and weighs only 20 pounds
- The drum stands 24 inches tall from the ground
- It is 15 inches in diameter
- It has a crystal clear Plexiglass that allows you see through while extracting
- It has been updated in 2014 to fit into shallow frames along with the medium and deep ones
This is one of the most popular of all the extractors that we have discussed so far. That is correct; this 2 frame extractor from VIVO can make a lot of difference for someone who is starting with bee keeping.
This is a well built extractor that does exactly what you want it to, extract honey easily. In fact, it is one the first models that has initiated bottom bearing system which helps to dispense honey expediently.
- The steel construction makes it strong enough
- Stainless means it will not rust that easy
- Easy to decant honey
- It can spin really well
- This extractor has ease of use
- Legitimately priced
- This is a small extractor and may not work for those looking for huge extracts
- The manufacturer could use a better handle
7. Hardin Professional 3 Frame Manual Honey Extractor
- It is the ultimate choice for medium, deep or shallow frames
- It even comes with an optional stand for extra support
- Accompanied by a Plexiglass for top viewing
- Backed by a lifetime warranty by the manufacturer
- Lightweight and weighs only 22.1 pounds
This 3 frame honey extractor is no less than a professional extractor. It has a 16 gauge stainless steel tank makes a huge difference. This extractor is perfect for any bee keeper that maintains a swarm of 1 to 10 hives. Moreover, what is best about this extractor is that you can load and unload it very easily.
Additionally, the stainless steel built ensures that cleanup remains becomes a snap for you. Let us find out more about it.
- Has a sturdy construction because of the stainless steel body
- Is easy to clean because of this body
- Easy to assemble and it does not need instructions
- You need to put it up properly in order to avoid unstable base
- It non magnetic and that certainly means a lot
- This makes it one a cost effective solution for sure
- The legs are short for the support they are supposed to offer
- It is little noisy and that may be annoying
How to Choose the Best Honey Extractor?
You could be keeping bees for business or you may be a hobbyist, the need may differ, but queries remain the same. With that said, we would like to explain that you need to conduct research on your, before buying a honey extractor. Thankfully, we have taken care of that part and you could read into this section that elucidates you with how to buy a honey extractor. First things first, you may heard that some keepers belong to clubs that can share extractors, but it is advisable that you buy your own and get started in the right way.
You must know how much of honey you will be extracting to buy the best honey extractor. You may find 1 to 60 frame ranges, but you need to choose as per the number of hives you have. Ideally speaking, a newbie can manage 3 frames at a time.
Electrical or Manual
This largely depends on a few things like your budget, area you choose has electrical circuit around and of course your requirement. An electrical honey extractor uses electricity to extract honey and is faster as compared to a manual extractor. A manual extractor, on the other hand, is labor-intensive but saves on your utility bills. They can keep delicate honeycombs undamaged as it uses manual labor and are less expensive.
Size of the Bees
Yes, they matter as you need to decide the size of the cells. For example, a Chinese bee measures 4.7mm, whereas, an Italian bee needs 5.3mm cell. Once you know which one you are comfortable with, you will be able to get the maximum out of your bee keeping process on the whole.
This goes without saying that you need to be practical while selecting the best honey extractors. Why so? This is because, if you are a novice, you would better start with something simple. There is no need to get into high end extractors at once. Learn extracting first and then scale your production over time.
The good news is you can find the best honey extractor online these days and that means you do not have to run around to look for one. You can easily find quality ones listed at popular online stores that will tell you all. This implies you are saved from carrying them home as they will be delivered right at your doorstep. What more can you ask for? Remember, if you are doing it as a hobby or a business, invest what you think is right. Do not go overboard and have some patience to learn the art only to never regret it!