Do you freak out when you accidentally break your charger or damage the charging cable when trying to pull it out of the charging system? Do you also have challenges connecting your charger to your device in the dark? Does any of this sound familiar to you? Then all you need is a magnetic charging cable. With a magnetic phone charger, you do not need to worry about a frayed charger cable or have to wait forever for your smartphone to charge. These devices are designed using smart technology and can charge your smartphone faster than the normal charging time. Better still, they can also be used to transfer large amounts of data faster and are highly portable. However, there is more to look for in a magnetic charging cable other than its charging speed and data transfer features. And in this roundup, we have reviewed the top best brands in the market today. Along with this review is a detailed guide to help you choose the best magnetic charging cable that meets all your personal preferences. But before then, check out our comparison table.
Best PickOur best pick goes to the Wsken Magnetic Charging Cable. The cable is fully compatible with different devices with fast heat release properties. It facilitates fast charging and supports 2.0 USB data sync. Each piece is tested for quality to ensure it has met the industry standards for a hassle-free charging experience.
Budget PickNetDot Magnetic Micro USB Cable is affordable, convenient, and simple. Its high-quality copper wires and braided nylon jacket ensure smooth current and stable signal transmission. Its compatibility with all Android phones makes it a great investment for anyone who may be looking for a fast speed charger and data sync cable making it our best budget.
QUICK COMPARISON OF THE TOP BEST MAGNETIC CHARGING CABLES[table id=144 /]
1. Wsken Magnetic Charging Cable
- Increases the charge time by 30%
- Compatible with different devices and Android phones
- High quality
- Can double as an anti-dust plug
- Has Led light for indicating when charging
- Can be used as a charger and a data cable
- Comes with a plastic pry plank for removing the magnetic plug
2. NetDot Magnetic Micro USB Cable
- Fast charging with high-speed stability
- Premium quality copper wire for increased durability
- High-quality nylon outer jacket for optimal protection of cables from damage or fraying
- Has a dust-resistant plug-in head
- Has bullet-proof Aramid fiber which is 5x stronger than standard cables
- Supports 2.0 USB data transmission
3. NetDot Magnetic Micro USB Charging Cable
- Fast charging speed
- Fast 2.0 USB data transmission
- Compatible with all Android phone except for Samsung S7 Edge and S7
- Charges with both sides
- Resolves phone dust adhesion problem
4. SOJITEK Detachable Magnetic Charging Charger
- Built to last
- Powerful magnetic power
- Charging speed of 5 FT / 3 FT
- Easily to detach
- May not accommodate some phone cases
- Cannot transmit data
5. NetDot Fast Charging & Sync Magnetic Cable
- Compatible with i-products and phones with micro USB ports
- Saves time and energy
- Quality braided nylon jacket for maximum cable protection Supports 2.0 data transmission
- Prevents dust adhesion on its USB charging port
- No Led light
6. Magnetic Phone Charging Cable by Crozziz
- 6.6-foot straight charging cable for on-board charging
- L-shaped charging line
- LED light design
- Type-C, Micro USB cable type
- Comes in a 2-pack
7. Kript Reversible Magnetic Micro Usb Cable
- Strong nylon weave for optimal cable protection
- Durable gold-copper connector
- Has charge display
- Supports quick data transfer
- Easy detachable magnetic connector
- 85 to 95 % conversion rate
- Dustproof connector plug
8. Sicodo Magnetic Charging Cable
- Compatible with most devices
- Heat resistance
- High data transfer and fast charging speed
- 6 ft long
9. CoolKo Magnetic Charging and Data Sync Cable
- Accommodates all iPhones, tablets, air pods, and Android phones
- Stable, powerful and durable
- Fast charging speed
- Has anti-dust plug
- Supports 2.0 USB data transmission with 480Mbps
- LED indicator
10. Taikool Magnetic Phone Cable Fast Charging
- Has a cable length of 3.3 feet
- 360-degree rotation
- Strong magnetism with dual magnetic technology
- Supports fast charging for Android devices
- Allows for more heat dissipation
11. LSGAE Magnetic Phone Charger Cable
- Cable length of 3.3 feet and 6.6 feet
- Can be used with an Android phone, iPhone, and Type C devices
- Charging connectors are made of high-quality alloy for good conductivity and connectivity
- Consists of 100 copper wires and 32 nylon braided wires
Benefits of Using a Magnetic Charging CableUnlike standard charging cables, magnetic chargers have massive benefits. And among these advantages include:
Fast charging speedOne feature that sets magnetic charging cables from regular chargers is their fast charging speed. Owning one will enable you to charge your devices faster, hence saving more time.
Compatible with different devicesMagnetic charging cables are designed to work with various devices, which gives you the flexibility and freedom to make use of your cable even when you upgrade to other models. Aside from smartphones, these cables can also be used to charge i-products, tablets, cameras, and any other Micro USB device.
DurableStandard charging cables can easily damage or break when not handled with care. This is contrary to magnetic cables, which are made with high-quality materials and a hard-wearing cover to prevent cable fraying and damage. This allows you to enjoy using your charger for more generations.
Fast data transferAside from charging your phone, you can also take advantage of your magnetic cable to transfer data saving you the hassles, money, and time of buying a data cable.
Easy to useMagnetic charging cables have strong connectivity power which allows you to use one hand. They also have charging indicators to reduce any guesswork.
Factors to Consider When Buying a Magnetic Charging CableAs time goes by, new charging cables are replacing the old ones with more smart features. Shopping for one may seem simple, but the experience you will get will be depended on the type of cable you will settle for. Being well informed is one of the great ways for hunting for that magnetic cable you have always wanted. And here is what to look for.
CompatibilityAll magnetic charging cables are not built the same. While some will enable you to charge almost all micro-USB devices, others will bar you. Know which devices your charger can charge to avoid any disappointments.
Cord lengthMagnetic cables come in different lengths and dictate how far you can charge your device. However, when it comes to cord length, there is no limit. The best cord length will be determined by what you feel comfy with.
Cord strengthThe cord strength of a magnetic cable is determined by two factors; the quality of cable and its ability to transfer current and signal consistently. Most manufacturers use copper wires and braided nylon jackets. The quality of copper wire used will determine how strong the cable is. Nylon jackets on the other hand help prevent cable damage and fraying. A strong magnetic charging cable should withstand regular bends and dissipate heat without corrosion or sweating.
Charging speedMagnetic cables have different charging speeds. The charging speed will dictate how long you will have to wait for your phone to be fully charged. If you do not want to stay waiting for long, go for models with high fast charging speed.
Data transmission speedMost people put much focus on the charging speed that they forget about the cable data transmission capabilities. This is one of the most critical factors especially if you are planning to use your cable for data sync. This will depend on what you feel is comfortable with you but a high data sync speed is recommended. In case you do not need a cable for transmitting data, there is no essence of spending much on a feature that you won’t be using.
Charging indicatorWhen charging your device, it may lose connection and if it does not have any charge indicator, you may relax thinking your device is charging only to check it later and find it went off. This can be embarrassing especially if you wanted to use your phone. This is where your cable charging indicator comes for your rescue in such circumstances.
Type of attachmentMagnetic charging cables come with three different attachment types which include the Type C, lighting connectors and micro-USB. Micro USB connectors resemble the traditional USB connectors. They are compatible with varied devices with USB micro charging port and have fast charging speed as compared to the traditional ones. Lighting connectors are mostly designed for charging i-products like iPhones. They are convenient and handy. Type C connectors are the simplest and highly recommended for people with visual impairment or handicapped. They have high magnetic connectivity which allows you to connect it without giving it eye attention.
CostCost goes hand in and with quality. Settling for low priced cables will disappoint you and call for replacements. If quality is what you are searching for in a magnetic cable, be ready to pay more.
Power consumptionIf you are planning to save energy, then you should consider getting a magnetic cable with such features.
Additional featuresSome cables will have additional features like anti-dust plug for keeping the charging port dust free. Though the function may seem less important, it helps prevent the charging port from dust adhesion which may eventually reduce your device durability.
Ease of maintenanceMagnetic connectors need proper care, or else they will not function properly. One of the care practices is to avoid placing them near metal debris. Always check out for recommended care practices to prevent misusing your cable.
WarrantyWarranty is one of the most overlooked factors by most consumers when shopping, but it’s one of the critical elements you should never forget. To be on the safe side consider choosing cables which are covered for more extended period and if possible with a lifetime warranty.
Final VerdictNothing can be frustrating like having a phone without a charge in those moments when you need to make an urgent call. If you have ever been in such a situation, you know how useless your phone can be at such times. Owning a magnetic charging cable is one of the convenient ways to ensure you get connected to friends, families and your customers whenever you need to. However, you will only enjoy all this with a quality cable. Our shopping guide has covered all that you need to know before choosing the best magnetic charging cable. Whether you are looking forward to charging your phone, tablet, iPhone or any other micro USB device, taking advantage of our products will help you achieve that much faster.
Featured Image Legacy