Using quality reciprocating saw is the best way to do your demolitions and add fun to the exercise. From time to time, we are all prone to making not so perfect decisions like investing on reciprocating saws which do not meet our needs. A poor quality reciprocation saw can disarray your daily routine.With the wide variety of reciprocating saws in the market today, it can be hard for you to determine the best tool to buy. For this roundup, we have carefully reviewed the top best sawzalls in the market and how to choose your demolition tools that match your needs.
Dewalt reciprocating saw is a handy tool that allows you to use all types of cutting blades thus making it our best pick
Black Decker reciprocating saw is a handy portable device that is affordable making it our budget pick.
Table of Contents
- 1. DEWALT DCS387B 20-volt MAX Compact Reciprocating Saw
- 2. BLACK+DECKER BDCR20B 20V MAX Lithium Reciprocating Saw
- 3. PORTER-CABLE PCC670B Reciprocating Tigersaw
- 4. Bosch RS7 1-1/8-Inch 11 Amp Reciprocating Saw
- 5. Milwaukee 6519-31 12 Amp Sawzall Reciprocating Saw Kit
- 6. DEWALT DW310K 12 Amp Heavy Duty Reciprocating Saw Kit
- 7. Makita XRJ05Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless Recipro Saw
- 8. SKIL 9206-02 7.5-Amp Variable Speed Reciprocating Saw
- Things to Consider to Before Buying the Best Sawzalls
1. DEWALT DCS387B 20-volt MAX Compact Reciprocating Saw
This reciprocating saw is a product of Dewalt. The tool is normally 14.5” long, lightweight and compact. The device fits perfectly between studs making it easy for you to make your cuts in restricted areas.
The saw has a four-position blade clamp that allows you to enhance your positioning skills and performance blush cuts with free tool blade changes.
The device has a varying speed trigger of 0-2,900 spm which makes easy for you to perform your precision cutting while increasing blade control at the same time. That’s not all; Dewalt saw has 1" to 1/8" stroke length for faster-cutting speed.
One thing that makes this device stand out from other devices is that it’s lightweight, compact and allows you to use any Sawzalls blade. For better visibility, the saw provides a LED illuminate in dark working areas enabling you to save your energy bills and perform your job much faster.The device is batteries operated and function well with 20 volts batteries. Note that the cells are not sold together with the tool. In case you are looking for a handy tool then the Dewalt reciprocating saw may be the perfect choice for you.
2. BLACK+DECKER BDCR20B 20V MAX Lithium Reciprocating Saw
BDCR20B is a compact, lightweight recip saw weighing 3.8 pounds. The tool is suitable for jobs with less or moderate difficulty. BDCR20B saw has a trigger on its handle and a variable motor speed of up to 3.000spm. For ease of use and convenience, the saw has a toll free blade changing system and a pivoting shoe.
BDCR20B saw has a 7/8 stroke length which allows you to cut thin materials with ease. Unlike other bare tools which are sold without blades, this amazing device comes with a blade. Note also, the tool is not sold with batteries.
The trigger is strategically located on the handle which makes the device standout from other tools. Located near the blade mount is a lever which adds convenience by allowing you to change your old blades faster. The ability of the device to perform short strokes lengths makes precise cuts and delicate jobs easy.BDCR20B saw has a cordless power source which does not require you to use massive generators or extension cords in remote places. With a cordless saw, you enjoy the freedom of performing your cuts even in the weirdest angles and areas. If you are looking for an affordable handy saw, then BDCR20B may be the perfect match for your needs.
3. PORTER-CABLE PCC670B Reciprocating Tigersaw
If you are looking for a saw that can make aggressive cutting, then this device can be a perfect match for your needs. The tool is one of the reciprocating saws of its kind. Portable Cable saw features a high-performance drive-train of one stroke length.
The device has 0-3,000 spm making it ideal for your aggressive cuts.
To maintain constant contact with the material the reciprocating saw has a pivoting shoe and a variable trigger speed which gives you flexibility when cutting different material.
The cordless saw has over-molded contour handle to add comfort when performing your cuts which make it stand out from other bare tools. That’s not all; the saw has a compact design which allows you to reach tight places that are only 14.5” long.With the free device blade release, you can quickly change your blades faster without any challenges. Being part of the 20V Max system, the device has a high-performance capability giving you access to even the hard to reach areas. Note that battery and a charger are sold separately.
If sawing power and high cutting levels are what you are looking for in a Sawzalls, then Bosch reciprocating saw may be the perfect tool for you. The device is suitable for demolitions, sawing and cutting needs.
Bosch reciprocating saw is loaded with precision, design and power which help extreme users successfully handle their most complex and big projects with ease.
This amazing saw comes with a dual LED light up for dark corner cutting. This allows you to make high precision cuts. Unlike other bare tools, the device comes with a travel tote and one all-purpose reciprocating blade.
For quick blade installation, the tool comes with a tool-less blade changing system. Bosch reciprocating saw also has a soft ergonomic handle which gives you support and comfort. The handle grip provides maximum control thus reducing fatigue your levels.
The 11 Amp motor allows the tool to make authoritative cuts through the most robust fabrication materials. The ability of the device to cut through the toughest materials makes it stand out from other devices. Above all the saw is lightweight making it easy for you to carry around with ease.
The corded electric saw does not require batteries to function. If you are the kind of a person who does a lot of cutting, then this tool may work best for you.
5. Milwaukee 6519-31 12 Amp Sawzall Reciprocating Saw Kit
Milwaukee has designed a reciprocating saw which is durable and gives users best class cut speed. The device features a clutch system that makes the tool withstand the test of time.
Milwaukee Sawzall gives best class ergonomics through its comfy handle which controls vibration and gives support during job execution.
With the variable speed of 0-3,000 strokes per minute and 12 Amp motor, you can perform your high precision cuts faster.
The device is handy and uses 1 to 1/8 strokes length for optimal cutting speed. I love the quick lock blade system which allows you to change your blades faster.With the fast, free tool blade, you can easily exchange your blades. Note that the blades are sold separately.
DEWALT has also given professionals yet another fantastic tool for faster demolition tasks involved in remodeling and renovation.
The device is lightweight and has a variable speed control that gives you the freedom to adjust your cutting speed for your jobs.
The device has 1” to 1/8” stroke length for quick job flexibility. The versatility of the Sawzall to fit perfectly to places where other devices cannot make it stand-out from other tools.
The textured anti-slip grip allows you to have better control of the tool while making your precise cuts.
DEWALT reciprocating saw features a heavy-duty motor of 12Amp and varying speed ranging from 0-2,700spm.
That's not all; the device has a key-less lever-action blade clamp design for quick blade installation. When you purchase this product, you will get a DW310 reciprocating saw and a kit box.
This corded electric saw eliminates the hassles of buying expensive batteries or even replacing them.
Makita is one of the pioneer brands in battery innovation and brushless motor technology. This device combines both innovations to allows professional complete their tasks with ease. The tool is loaded with efficiency features for faster cutting.
For increased efficiency cutting, the device has a 1” to ¼” stroke length. That’s not all; it also reduces blade deflection and minimizes vibration with its refined crank mechanism design.
For convenience, the XRJ05Z saw features a retractable tool hook, LED light illuminate and tool-less blade installation.
The device is battery powered which requires Makita 18V Lithium-Ion cells. Unlike other battery powered bare tools, this device has the fastest charging time with the cells. The ability of the device to conserve batteries makes it ideal for lengthy tasks.
The extreme protection technology (XPT) that has been integrated into this tool improves water resistance and dust, especially in harsh conditions. This makes the device standout from other bare tools by giving professionals the freedom to manipulate the tool with ease even in unfavorable conditions.Note that the tool does not come with batteries and a charger.
If you are looking for a Sawzall that gives you the freedom to complete difficult tasks, then SKIL saw can be a perfect choice for your cutting needs.
For additional sturdiness, the tool features heavy duty real estate steel equipment and a powerful 7.5Amp motor for demanding tasks.
The tool-less blade allows you to change your blades faster. For additional stability and comfy when cutting sturdy materials, the device has a pivoting foot and a counterbalance for minimizing vibrations.The electric corded device is handy and comfy to use. That’s not all; the tool also comes with one blade.
Things to Consider to Before Buying the Best Sawzalls
- Lightweight devices will give you the freedom to maneuver easily when working while heavy saws will increase your fatigue and reduce your productivity levels
Speed and blade control mechanism
- Cutting materials are not the same. The selected device should allow you to control your cutting speed for different materials
- A good Sawzall should hold your blades firmly even at its maximum rate
- The device should also give you flexible blade positioning
- Before you commit to buying your preferred saw, consider how the device is designed to provide you with comfy. Soft grip handles are recommended for increased comfortability.
- While it’s normal for Sawzalls to vibrate, the degree of vibration should be minimal to increase your productivity levels. Double check the counter vibrations that have been put in place.
- Consider your cutting needs. If you are looking forward to carrying out difficult demolition projects, buying a saw that can only handle simple tasks will always end up disappointing you.
- The performance of your device will also dictate how efficiently you will complete your tasks faster. Consider tools with high performance.
- Sawzall with low power retention capabilities will require you to charge or replace your batteries often. Before committing to buying your device, ensure that it can store considerable power.
What makes a good Sawzalls
- Reliable anti-vibration system
- Handy and comfortable
- Variable speed trigger
- Easy blade installation
- Ability to make precise cuts
The best way to handle Sawzalls
- Adjust your orbital action to suit the material you are going to cut
- Position your tool against the guide roller and flip your blade lever to insert your blade. Use the lever to tighten the blade making sure it fits perfectly to the saw.
- Mark your material with a marking tool for precise cutting
- Start cutting your materials keeping an eye on your markings.
Sawzalls are a must-have tool for professionals. An excellent reciprocating saw should be handy, comfortable and able to counter vibrations.