Did you know that 9 out of 10 Americans suffer from at least one vitamin or mineral deficiency? Many people often underestimate the powerful role that vitamins and minerals play in the human body. They are often referred to as micronutrients since your body only requires a small quantity of them. Yet, failing to get even those tiny amounts virtually guarantees disease. Some of the common diseases brought about by vitamin deficiencies include scurvy, blindness, and rickets. You also need them for strong bone health, healthy teeth, and to prevent congenital disabilities if you’re pregnant. Dietary supplements play a major role in bridging the gap that may arise if you’re not getting all the nutrients your body needs and in the quantities required. Think of it as a diet-insurance of sorts that's necessary to promote your overall health. In this guide, we review 9 of the best vitamin brands of 2020 according to a dietitian.
1. Best Vitamin Brands Overall – Editor’s PickIf you’re looking for a one-stop-shop for all your daily nutritional needs, Centrum Multivitamin/Multimineral Supplements are specially formulated to fill any nutritional gaps that may arise in your diet. Each easy-to-take tablet is formulated with vitamins B, C, D, and E, as well as antioxidants and minerals like iron and zinc. These are excellent for boosting your immunity, metabolism, and energy levels to power you through the day.If you’re looking for a one-stop-shop for all your daily nutritional needs, Centrum Multivitamin/Multimineral Supplements are specially formulated to fill any nutritional gaps that may arise in your diet.
- Contains all the vitamins and minerals your body needs
- It is a potent energy, metabolism, and immune system booster
- It is gluten-free and non-GMO
- May cause constipation or stomach upsets in some individuals for the first few days of taking them
2. Best Vitamin Brand for Seniors Aged 50+It’s no secret that aging comes with its fair share of age-related ailments. Failing eyesight is one of them. Bausch+Lomb Ocuvite Eye Vitamin & Mineral Supplements are specially formulated to help older individuals get the required amount of nutrients required to combat these issues. Each soft gel capsule contains Omega-3, zeaxanthin, lutein, and ocuvite vitamins, which all promote excellent eye health throughout your golden years.
- Contains vitamins and minerals that support great eye health
- Specially formulated for adults aged 50+
- Doesn’t contain FD&C dyes
- Some individuals may find the capsules hard to swallow
3. Best Vitamin Brand for Immune System SupportNature’s Way Sambucus Elderberry is arguably one of the most popular supplement brands on the market today. It is formulated from a blend of European Black Elder (Sambucus nigra L.) that has been used for centuries as a winter remedy to boost immune system function. It is also rich in Vitamin C and zinc, which both play a critical role in the body’s overall health and wellbeing.
- Offers excellent immune system support
- Sugar-free and gelatin-free
- Tastes great
- May not be suitable for people with bee allergies
4. Best Vitamin Brand for WomenVimerson Health Women’s Multivitamin Supplements are specially designed to cater to women’s special nutritional needs. The product is fortified with vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, and B12, as well as vitamins C, D, and E. It also has minerals like calcium, zinc, magnesium, copper, selenium, molybdenum, chromium, and several others that are responsible for its rich antioxidant properties. This is critical to heart, bone, digestive, and breast health in women of all ages.
- Specially formulated for women
- Promotes heart, bone, and breast health
- Packed with loads of vitamins and minerals
- The smell may be slightly off-putting for some individuals
5. Best Vitamin Brand for MenVimerson Health Men’s Multivitamin Supplements are formulated to boost immune system health, urinary, and prostate function, vision, and even increase energy levels, performance, and stamina in men. Its proprietary blend includes Vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12, C, D, and E, in addition to minerals like magnesium, lutein, calcium, and spirulina. These are excellent for joint pain relief, vision enhancement, weight management, and skincare.
- Specially formulated for men
- Promotes immune system, urinary, and prostate health
- Boosts performance and stamina
- Has a slight fishy taste
6. Best Vitamin Brand for PregnancyIf you’re pregnant, you want to give your baby the best head start to life you possibly can. A lot of the choices you make while your baby is still in your womb have a large bearing on their overall health and wellbeing once they are born. Solimo Prenatal Vitamins & DHA Supplements contain Omega-3 fatty acids like DHA and EPA, 800mcg of folic acid in each gummy, and several other critical vitamins and minerals that all work to promote fetal growth and development during pregnancy.
- Ideal for pregnant women
- Contains no eggs, dairy, soy, or wheat in its ingredients
- Available in great-tasting flavors like strawberry, orange, and lemon
- May not be ideal if you’re currently battling morning sickness
7. Best Budget Vitamin BrandGetting a well-balanced multivitamin supplement doesn’t have to cost an arm and a leg. Nature Made Multi Daily Supplements give you 14 key vitamins and minerals like zinc, calcium, and iron, at a pocket-friendly price.
- Provides great value for money
- Each bottle has 300 tablets
- Contains all the vitamins and minerals your body needs for daily sustenance
- The taste may be off-putting for some people
8. Best Vitamin Brand for KidsWhen it comes to boosting your kids’ immunity, you need all the help you can get. Zarbee’s Naturals Elderberry Immune Support Supplements are formulated using real elderberry extract, which is a known immune system booster. Each tasty gummy has vitamins A, C, D, and E, as well as zinc, which is great for cell growth and repair, and warding off coughs, colds, and flu.
- Kids love the taste
- Promotes optimal immune system function
- Ideal for children of all ages
- Has added sugar
9. Best Organic Vitamin Brand for the Whole FamilyMyKind Organics is no doubt one of the best vitamin brands around when it comes to their range of USDA-certified organic products. The Elderberry Immune Gummy Supplements are made from 100% all-natural ingredients, are certified vegan and kosher, and are rich in vitamin C, zinc, and Echinacea, which are all great for boosting immunity. They’re great for kids and adults alike.
- Made from 100% organic ingredients
- Rich in vitamins and minerals that boost immune system health
- Great for kids and adults
- Has a strange aftertaste
Take Care of Your Body So That It Takes Care of YouThere you have it – the best vitamin brands of 2020 as recommended by a dietitian. Give your body the fighting power it needs to ward off highly contagious diseases, particularly during these times. While you should try and get all your vitamin and mineral requirements from consuming fresh fruits and veggies, supplements are a great way to ensure that your body is getting everything it needs and in the right quantities. The products detailed in this guide are an excellent choice for anyone looking to give their immune system a much-needed boost, as well as to promote their overall health and wellbeing.
Featured Image Legacy