Do you think that there is an age to get excited about RC cars? I don't think so. If you are a fan of RC cars, then you will be like that till you die. I am one of them, and if you are reading this, then there is a 90% possibility that you are as well and 10% that you know someone who is an RC enthusiast. It adds splashes of interest if you are getting RC cars at an affordable value. As such, we brought you many of the RC cars available on the market today with a price under 100. This means you can buy an RC car even if you are tight with money. But if, for some reason, you want to gather some knowledge about the RC cars, then you are reading the right article. Because if you go to buy an RC car other than the online market, you definitely want to know about some features and how those features will be helpful to you. Here comes the thorough review of some of the best budget RC cars on the market, further elaborate discussion on the important features, tips, and types of RC cars. Here come our 6 best RC cars under 100$.
QUICK COMPARISON BETWEEN THE 6 BEST RC CARS UNDER 100$[table id=12 /]
1. FitMaker Remote Control Monster TruckThis is an all-terrain RC vehicle that is suitable for safe indoor and outdoor play. It can roll easily over carpeted and tile surfaces as well as ride through mud, grass, and puddles. It is a 1:18 scale Desert Buggy model that is made from high-quality ABS materials that are durable and will help to extend the life of the RC car. The 390 motor has overheat protection and offers a maximum speed of 20 km/hour. The remote control is 2.4GHz and can support multiple RC cars that you want to play with at the same time. The remote control has a pistol grip that allows you to control the speed and maneuver the car easily. As an RC hobbyist, you have full functionality with the remote control, including forward, reverse, left, right, and stop.
- 2.4 GHz radio technology
- Controller signal up to 100 meters
- No external wireless interference
- Speed up to 20 km/h
- Rubber tires made of PVC material
- Charging time 2-3 hours
- For outdoor and indoor
- Easy to operate controller
- Good for kids
- 2-3 hour charging time only provides 18-minutes of playtime
2. FUNTECH 1/18 Scale RC CarThis is a good RC car for beginners. It is 1/18 scale off-road remote control car that is equipped with 10 different speed adjustments, which allows you to set the sensitivity of your RC car. It is a plug and use car. It is flexible and easy to maneuver. It can reach speeds up to 35 km/hour and allows for about 15 minutes of drive time after it is charged. The battery is long-lasting. You will find that this car drives smoothly, even on the roughest terrain. It features a spring coil shock absorber with four independent suspensions, which allows the car to land nicely after a jump. The radio control is 2.4 GHz and is incredibly easy to use, which is good if you are a beginner or you have a child who wants to learn how to drive the RC car. The RC car can be used indoors or outdoors and can reach fast speeds without the risk of tipping over. It can also handle a variety of different terrains while maintaining traction.
- 2.4 GHz power
- Can reach speeds up to 35 km/hour
- Suspension system
- Strong and durable construction
- Rechargeable battery - 7.4V 850 mAH li-Po
- Powerful motor
- High speed
- Long-lasting battery life
- Good performance
- Wiring and transmitter of RC car has outdated technology
- Loses speed when driving in puddles
3. Click N' Play Remote Control Car 4WDThe Click N' Play RC car is an off-road car that is lightweight but still built with an anti-collision structure for more durability. It is an all-weather 4WD car with oversized anti-skid tires and high suspension shocks, which further adds to its overall durability. It is a much lighter weight option on our list. However, even with its lighter weight, it can still handle rough terrain while allowing you to perform some amazing tricks. It is a rock crawler, and it is designed to do just that. The tires can absorb shock, and it is a heavy-duty RC car option for under $100. It comes with a tri-channel transmitter remote control that works on 2.4 GHz. The RC car is battery operated and requires 4 AA batteries for the car in addition to 3 more AA batteries for the transmitter. This RC car is suitable for children eight years of age and older and allows them to pull off tricks and stunts. It can also achieve a speed of 10 km/hour, which is roughly 6.2 miles per hour. It has powerful double motors and is heavy-duty.
- 2.4 GHz radio system
- 4D all-weather tires - anti-skid
- Double motors
- Durable construction
- Works on rough terrain
- Heavy duty
- Shock-absorbing tires
- Capable of tricks and stunts
- Affordable price
- The body may crack with excessive use
- The controller only allows for forward and reverse movement
- Controller lacks precision and only has a single-speed level
4. Maisto R/C Rock CrawlerThe ideal one for the off-road races is the Rock crawler of Maisto. It proudly has one articulated front suspension and one articulated rear suspension. This one gives a natural feeling of driving with the TPE tire. The TPE tires also give a nice grip to the ground so that it doesn't slip. It has two motors which make it run faster with low gearing. Three players can play with this car at the same time with the dint of tri-channel transmitter. The RC car is very good at off roads. The car itself runs on 6 AA batteries and the controller needs 2 AAA batteries. It won't is included with the set but as long as it is battery powered it won't take anything away.
- Two motors
- Low gearing
- Rugged off-road action
- Articulated front and rear suspension
- Tri-channel transmitter
- TPE tires for ultra grip
- Best for off road action
- Battery powered
- Good grip tire
- Can be difficult to handle the speed
5. SXJJX RC Rock Off-Road VehicleThis one is the most durable on the list. It has been built to make it a sturdy RC car. All the quality protection has been given in this very car which makes it one in all against all obstacles. If you are a rough driver then this is the one for yours. The screw mechanism and spinner bottom save it from unwanted curvy roads. Its scale is 1/18 and you will be happy to get an inside design. All the wheels of the car are individually suspended and the manufacturer has made it flexible. The shockproof function has always been a good one for the electric RC cars, this one is also not an exception. Because of shockproof function the electric stuff inside the car remains intact and without any shock. Tires have also been given much emphasis so that it can serve as long as it can. The materials used in tires are PVC material which is soft and have a long elasticity, as a result, it can cope up aginst any road condition. The motor condition is so strong that it helps to make the car strong moves across the roads.
- 1/18 scale
- PVC rubber wheels
- Tires are soft and elastic
- Shockproof body
- Large torque
- Strong bi-motor
- Can run on sand, grass and marshy land
- 2.4 GHz controller
- Controller range up to 100 meters
- Charging time 2-3 hours
- Wireless remote control
- 540 brushed motor
- Flexible car
- Increased climbing force power
- More stable
- Anti-jamming capability
- Running time only 20 minutes
6. JEYPOD Remote Control CarIf you are looking for an RC car that can work on a variety of different terrain, then this is the car for you. It is an upgraded high-speed racing car that can work on grass, small roads, track, and sand. It has a scale of 1:22 and runs off of 3.6V 700 mAh rechargeable batteries. The car takes about 90 minutes to fully charge, and this allows for approximately 30 minutes of drive time. It is constructed with non-toxic plastic material and electronic elements. Multiple cars can be controlled at the same time with no outside interference with the 2.4 GHz wireless receiver. It has a control distance range of 50-80 meters and reaches speeds of about 10-20 km/hour. The pistol grip style transmitter offers full functions, and the car is turn sensitive. It is flexible in control and maneuvers and can move forward, backward, and turn in fast motion very easily and seamlessly. The motor in this RC car is powerful so that you can reach maximum speeds. The overall design of the RC car is high-quality, durable, and has been built to last. It is water-resistant as well; however, you should avoid immersing the chassis in water. The springs make the car shockproof with little vibration on rough terrain. The front side of the car is crash proof and is built to prevent collisions on hard edges and walls.
- High-quality tires
- Accurate and professional chassis design
- Battery inclusive - rechargeable battery
- 4 wheel drivers
- 2.4GHz radio technology
- Can be used on rough terrain
- Hi-Q rubber wheels that are anti-skid
- Playing time is 20-30 minutes
- Charging time is 90 minutes
- The control range is 50-80 meters
- Speed is around 15-20 km/hour
- Durable and heavy-duty construction
- Easy controls and smooth maneuvering
- Long-distance remote control
- Powerful motor for higher speeds
- Good range of movement
- Works on grass, road, track, and sand
- Good beginner RC car
- Doesn't work well in gravel or dirt
- Remote control is flimsy
Things to Know Before Buying The Best RC Car Under 100In addition to our list of the best RC cars under 100 you can purchase online right now, we wanted to make sure you understood the full scope of information you need to know before buying your next RC car.
Types of RC CarsRC cars have power systems in them, which is the main difference between the primary two types of RC cars. One is the nitro RC car, and the other is an electric RC car. Now the question might arise about which one to buy.
# Nitro RC Car SystemNitro systems RC cars have engine carburetors along with fuel tanks. The fuel tanks are run by nitro gas fuel, which makes them different from the electric RC cars. Since you can find nitro fuel in any local toy shop, it won't be a hassle. Nitro fuels make the experience smoother as you will feel like you are controlling a real car. The main advantage of having a nitro fuel RC car is that its battery won't run out ever because it doesn't run on battery, how about that? If you like to challenge RC car racing, then nitro fuel RC cars are preferable when they are allowed to race. Keep in mind, however, that nitro cars make noise; thus, many competitions do not allow them.
# Electric RC CarsUnlike nitro RC cars, electric RC car has an electric motor system that runs on electricity (batteries). These are more affordable, hassle-free, and have a longer life. Electric RC cars do not make loud noises and can be raced on many tracks because almost all the tracks allow electric RC cars. Since batteries are readily available and not expensive, you can use these cars as much as you want, even inside the house. I personally don't see any kind of drawbacks with the electric RC cars. You just have to change the batteries regularly.
Features to Consider Before Buying an RC CarThese are the features on which the cost of the RC car will depend, and you will also get to know whether you need an expensive one with all those features, or you will be okay with the regular one, and then the decision will be yours.
# ManufacturerLike all other expensive things RC cars value also depends on the manufacturer and how famous and talented that particular manufacturers are. So if you are going to buy an RC car from a renowned company then it will cost you a fortune and if you buy one from not so known one then you will get it at an affordable price. The reason behind the high price of the RC cars is the expensive and long lasting parts used in the manufacturing.
# DesignThe design of the RC cars needs to be strong, and it needs to be well finished. However, even with a durable and strong design, there is still going to be the chance of an accident when faced with hard obstacles. The RC car needs to be strong enough to take the small hits and bangs along the way.
# Battery LifeThe charging time and playing time are both important. About 20 minutes of playing time is typically enough, even for an RC car race. Usually, a fully charged the RC car is 2-3 hours. In maximum models, the playing time you will get is around 20 minutes. Not more than this. Rechargeable and rechargeable batteries differ in their performance. The RC cars which have rechargeable batteries tend to be faster and better than the rechargeable ones.
# ControllerThe battery, precision, and quality of the controller have much to do with the performance of the remote-controlled car. The ease of using the controller, and the precision of its signal is also vital. If it's not accurate, you can experience problems with the maneuverability and speed of the RC car. Few RC cars come with complex controls and are relatively easy to learn to control.
# SpeedThe highest maximum speed of the particular RC car you are looking at should be kept in mind. Beginners don't usually need one with much speed, and the car will cost more if it is capable of much higher speeds. RC cars used in races, however, should have higher speeds so you can keep up during the race.
# TerrainAlways check what kind of terrain the RC car can handle. In every pack its clearly mentioned if the RC car is not capable of running on wet surfaces or sand. If running on a wet surface or water surface is an essential feature for any individual purpose, then the pack should be checked for this capability. Otherwise, review comments and online reviews.
# RemoteAlmost all the RC cars come with a 2.4 GHz system. This is the average system requirement. With a big budget, you may find a better system with a faster motor. The more, the better.
The ScaleThis is something that is not as simple to understand, but it will be better if you do. Otherwise, you can buy one that you think will satisfy you. Since scale refers to the size of the RC car, there is a variety of ranges. The range is from 1/10, 1/4, 1/5, 1/16. This is a comparison between the original model of the car with the RC car model. For example, if an RC car scale is 1/5, it will mean that the RC car is five times smaller than the original model. Though the scale that maximum people buy is the 1/10. Because the maintenance and getting spare parts of the 1/10 size is easier than the others.
Types on the Basis of Built Method
Ready MadeThe cars that people use are the ones that are ready-made, which we buy from the store or online and start using it. With these types of RC cars, we have to be happy with what the manufacturer has already installed in it, except the battery or nitro fuel. This is best for beginners.
Construct It UpIn this type of RC car like hot wheels constructive roads, you will be given everything parts by parts. After buying, you will have to construct it yourself. It provides a certain type of freedom because you can then buy better parts from the store and use them instead of the ones offered by the manufacturer.
Tips on Choosing Best RC Cars Under 100
- Try not to go with cheapest of offers on the market. Because cheaper value means low standard parts. You won't want that to happen.
- You must take some advice from the poeple who are already expert in buying RC cars or have already used it enough in their life to help you to buy the correct one.
- If you are short with the budget then buy the one with 2WD, because 4WD is a little more expensive. Yes, RC cars also come with 2WD and 4WD options. 4WD is more expensive because its handling is way better than 2WD.
Final VerdictThe article is especially for the people who are new to RC cars but will definitely help the semi-pros also. So whether you are already an RC enthusiast or you are a beginner who is looking for something to do in their free time, then we hope this guide has been helpful as you navigate the world of the best RC cars under 100 online.
Featured Image Legacy