An automatic chicken door is required since you always can’t open the door in the morning and also can’t close it in the night. So, it’s essential to buy an automatic chicken door opener because it offers ultimate security for the flock from the predators. If you’re thinking of buying it, just take some moments to read this guide; we have reviewed down the best automatic chicken door and tried our best to save your time and efforts.
Here comes our 7 best automatic chicken doors.
Quick Comparison Between the 7 Best Automatic Chicken Doors
1. Add-A-Motor Chicken Coop Automatic Motor (D20)
- You can set the positions for letting the motor automatically stop at open and close the door.
- If you plug this motor into an AC lamp timer switch, this motor will operate accordingly and automatically, maintaining a time schedule.
- Comes with a safety door connector which prevents the door from getting damaged by jams or frozen closed positions.
- This motor can be attached with plastic, aluminum, and wooden doors up to 10lbs, with openings up to 20 inches.
- You can customize the time schedule for this motor so that it can automatically open or close your chicken door.
Want your chicken door open and close automatically? Then go for buying Add-A-Motor Chicken Coop Automatic Motor (D20) as it works amazingly according to the customizable time schedule. You can convert your door to the vertical lift by installing this motor in the side channels.
- Opens and closes the chicken door automatically
- No headache of waking up in the early morning to allow the chickens to feed; D20 will do it automatically.
- Predators eventually give up and go somewhere else.
- No counter-weight required
- Protects your hens and their eggs, and saves your time and efforts as well.
- Comes with detailed instructions
- Less durable
2. ASTx Extreme Automatic Chicken Coop Pop Door Opener
- Can lift a door weight of 4 kg to 8 pounds.
- Features a door closed indicator which is visible up to 100 yards away.
- Working temperature extends from -20 F to 120 F
- You can control the chicken door manually with the easy press of a button.
- LUX Sensor and Integrated Timer for complete control.
The ASTx Extreme Automatic Chicken Coop Pop Door Opener from the house of Chickenguard comes without any door. But many people utilize this opener for safeguarding their hens from the predators. This battery-operated door opener works fantastically even at the time of blackouts. It's battery lasts up to 6 months to 1 year with no issue.
The door can be controlled both manually and automatically, which is the versatility of this door opener. It features a low battery indicator which shows the status of power. And LUX Sensor is an amazing feature which helps open or closes the door automatically.
- Bestselling door opener
- Saves time and effort
- Integrated LUX sensor
- Long battery backup
- Easy to install
- Full 3-year of warranty
- No complicated cabling or wiring
- Can be controlled both manually and automatically
- Easily adjustable
- Ensures continuous usage even in the poor environments
- Quite costly
3. Automatic Chicken Coop / House Door Opener
- Opens or closes on the time scheduled by you
- Saves time and effort
- No mains power required to operate; backed by batteries and batteries are supplied
- Works as a door closer or house door opener or a chicken coop
Titan Incubators provides a disruptive solution for keeping your hens safe by manufacturing the Automatic Chicken Coop. this chicken house door opener is very easy to use. It’s completely useful for lowering and raising the door of the chicken house at the time it is set by you.
This door opener not just works as a chicken coop but also as a chicken house door opener and is perfect to use. Nevertheless, it works seamlessly only if the weight of the door is at least 350g. If your chicken house’s door is very lightweight, then you must add more weight.
- This door opener is designed for the wide range of chicken houses
- At nearly half the price of other door openers available in the market
- Comes with easy timer to raise or lower your chicken house door
- You can set the opening and closing time schedule as per your choice
- This chicken door is not lightweight to operate smoothly
4. Automatic Chicken Coop Door with Sunrise/Sunset Mode
- Backed by four AA batteries, solar power or electric power.
- This door can be upgraded to sunrise or sunset mode that utilizes the location for setting open or close times automatically.
- Features 3 operating modes – Override, Manual, and Timer
- Comes with the predator proof heavy-duty aluminum door with the composite frame which will not warp, rot, or rust.
- You can install it easily using only four screws.
The Automatic Chicken Coop Door by Auto Door is designed with strong and sturdy aluminum which won’t break or rust easily with an outside force.
You can install it easily with only 4 screws on the door frame with a measurement of 33 inches by 12 inches by 3 inches and can get simply over 12 inches tall and 10.5 inches wide opening. It features 3 operating modes, including manual, override, and timer. You can easily set the close or open times, or override its setting that keeps the coop door closed or open fully and moves according to your choice.
- Easy to install
- Can be scheduled time for auto opening and closing
- Durable construction
- Unbreakable and prevents the predators to keep the hens safe
- You need to purchase the plug and play chicken door opener kit separately
5. Brinsea Products Chick Safe Premium Automatic Chicken Coop Door Opener and Door Kit
- This top-notch aluminum door measures 9” by 12” which is best suited for many species.
- You can see the low battery indicator and the door closed indicator easily even from 100 yards distance.
- Every Brinsea product comes with a manual door control feature and a versatile failsafe mode which works smoothly.
- It works amazingly under 5° to 120°F temperature range.
- This chicken door opener kit features a light sensor and an integrated timer which can be controlled easily without operating any wire or limit switch.
Brinsea Products’ Chick Safe is the ideal way of safeguarding your hens from the predators. It comes with an integrated timer and a light sensor. It features a high-powered motor and military grade electronics in order to bear every kind of climatic condition. The best quality aluminum is used to make the runners and the doors. And they can amazingly resist the corrosion.
- Low maintenance
- Configurable failsafe mode
- Easy to adjust light sensor
- Low battery warning indicator
- All-in-one automatic design
- Fully featured digital display
- High-quality aluminum for amazing corrosion resistance
- No hardware is supplied with the door kit and so you have to know how to drill aluminum for installing the door.
6. Metal Door + Automatic Chicken Coop / House Door Opener
- It is backed by battery so you don’t need lots of wires to supply power.
- You can easily set the time for closing or opening of the door as per your choice.
- Saves your time and energy
- This metal-made product from Titan Incubators can be used as a door or an automatic chicken coop or a house door opener or a closer timer unit.
Titan Incubators is launching the brand-new chicken house door opener that is very easy to utilize and can open or close the door at the time you set. This auto chicken coop fits perfectly on most of the chicken doors and is available at an affordable cost.
This door opener is a completely compatible with the chicken doors, measuring 29 cm by 33 cm and with rails 29 cm wide and 59.5 cm long. Using this door opener, you can easily raise or lower the henhouse’s door. It is perfect to be used for any kind of poultry house, with the inclusion of a waterfowl, chicken coops, or hen houses.
- Best to use in the poultry houses like chicken coops, henhouses, or waterfowl.
- Easy to operate
- Easy to install
- Great saver of time and effort
- Strong metal construction
- We didn't find any cons of this product.
7. Automatic Chicken Coop Door Opener by Cheeper Keeper
- All-in-one package that includes everything you need and offers 100% client satisfaction.
- Comes with an installation guide to for outdoor installation.
- No wires or cables required.
- Packed in 100% custom-recycled box.
- Opens or closes automatically.
- Backed by four AA batteries
- Long lasting
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Uses AXT-Electronic components
Cheeper Keeper is the manufacturer of the Automatic Chicken Coop Door Opener and is leading the market of the automatic chicken door opener. This door opener is extremely authentic and reliable and is helpful for keeping your hens safe.
It features integrated photoelectric switch controls that make the door opening or closing process really simple. Nearly 60 seconds are needed for closing or opening the coop door. Only this coop door opener utilizes the easiest technology and its laser cut stainless steel door is one of the greatest in this industry.
- No electrical outlet required
- Automatically opens at dawn and closes at dusk
- Weatherproof unit and offers complete UV protection
- Dust, dirt and moisture, UV, ammonia gases, lightning strike proof and impact resistant
- Includes video installation, live online support, diagrams, and complete installation guide
- Complete safety provider for your hens
- You need to buy separate time or AS Light Sensor for indoor installation
Buying Guide to Choose Best Automatic Chicken Doors
Are you planning for a new chicken coop? Well, it’s quite obvious that it can be difficult to choose a chicken door that is right. There are some basic essentials which you need to remember while going for buying the best automatic chicken door. A few are stated below:
It Must be Easy to Clean
Cleaning a chicken coop is quite difficult; so you might want to buy an easy-to-clean chicken door. There are many chicken doors available in the market out of which you can choose the perfect one.
Your Hens Require Proper Ventilation
The best chicken door should feature good ventilation to reduce heat in summer and moisture in winter. Opt for a chicken door which maintains the balance of protection and ventilation. In a perfect chicken coop, the hens stay sheltered, dry and get flourished.
Your Hens Should be Kept Safe from the Predators
Opt for a chicken door which comes with a strong and durable construction which is perfect to keep the predators away from the chicken house and keep your hens safe.
Consider the Size of the Door
Looking at your coop, just decide the door size so that your hens can comfortably come and go out. A standard size of poultry must be 12” by 15”. If you want to increase the size, scale your chicken door accordingly.
Check How You Want to Power the Chicken Door
At first, check how you want to power your chicken door: Direct electricity, battery or solar? Most commercially designed automatic chicken doors are made for using 120V current that is standard household current.
Check the Door Kit Properly
Ensure to see and check whether your bought door is featuring a door alongside controller box or only a controller box. Some kits include only controller boxes, but some include both.
Solar Charger is a Good Option
Solar charger charges batteries or you can directly connect the chicken door functions themselves. Many off-grid chicken keepers like a battery or this option, because they don’t use electricity directly. A solar charger is usually more portable for the chicken houses which are portable, as you don’t need to have a set place of connections.
If you are into farm business, then buying an automatic chicken door will be a smart decision. The door openers offer sufficient protection to the flocks from all types of predators. Additionally, you don’t need to open and close the door every time. Many automatic door opener kits are available in the market and come with essential things that help you install the door easily. Hope, you have found all helpful information from our reviews on the best automatic chicken door.