An automatic chicken door is required since you always can’t open the door in the morning and also can’t close it in the night. So, it’s essential to buy an automatic chicken door opener because it offers ultimate security for the flock from the predators. If you’re thinking of buying it, just take some moments to read this guide; we have reviewed down the best automatic chicken door and tried our best to save your time and efforts. Here comes our 7 best automatic chicken doors.
Quick Comparison Between the 7 Best Automatic Chicken Doors[table id=23 /]
1. Add-A-Motor Chicken Coop Automatic Motor (D20)Check Latest Price on Amazon
- You can set the positions for letting the motor automatically stop at open and close the door.
- If you plug this motor into an AC lamp timer switch, this motor will operate accordingly and automatically, maintaining a time schedule.
- Comes with a safety door connector which prevents the door from getting damaged by jams or frozen closed positions.
- This motor can be attached with plastic, aluminum, and wooden doors up to 10lbs, with openings up to 20 inches.
- You can customize the time schedule for this motor so that it can automatically open or close your chicken door.
- Opens and closes the chicken door automatically
- No headache of waking up in the early morning to allow the chickens to feed; D20 will do it automatically.
- Predators eventually give up and go somewhere else.
- No counter-weight required
- Protects your hens and their eggs, and saves your time and efforts as well.
- Comes with detailed instructions
- Less durable
2. ASTx Extreme Automatic Chicken Coop Pop Door OpenerCheck Latest Price on Amazon
- Can lift a door weight of 4 kg to 8 pounds.
- Features a door closed indicator which is visible up to 100 yards away.
- Working temperature extends from -20 F to 120 F
- You can control the chicken door manually with the easy press of a button.
- LUX Sensor and Integrated Timer for complete control.
- Bestselling door opener
- Saves time and effort
- Integrated LUX sensor
- Long battery backup
- Easy to install
- Full 3-year of warranty
- No complicated cabling or wiring
- Can be controlled both manually and automatically
- Easily adjustable
- Ensures continuous usage even in the poor environments
- Quite costly
3. Automatic Chicken Coop / House Door OpenerCheck Latest Price on Amazon
- Opens or closes on the time scheduled by you
- Saves time and effort
- No mains power required to operate; backed by batteries and batteries are supplied
- Works as a door closer or house door opener or a chicken coop
- This door opener is designed for the wide range of chicken houses
- At nearly half the price of other door openers available in the market
- Comes with easy timer to raise or lower your chicken house door
- You can set the opening and closing time schedule as per your choice
- This chicken door is not lightweight to operate smoothly
4. Automatic Chicken Coop Door with Sunrise/Sunset ModeCheck Latest Price on Amazon
- Backed by four AA batteries, solar power or electric power.
- This door can be upgraded to sunrise or sunset mode that utilizes the location for setting open or close times automatically.
- Features 3 operating modes – Override, Manual, and Timer
- Comes with the predator proof heavy-duty aluminum door with the composite frame which will not warp, rot, or rust.
- You can install it easily using only four screws.
- Easy to install
- Can be scheduled time for auto opening and closing
- Durable construction
- Unbreakable and prevents the predators to keep the hens safe
- You need to purchase the plug and play chicken door opener kit separately
5. Brinsea Products Chick Safe Premium Automatic Chicken Coop Door Opener and Door KitCheck Latest Price on Amazon
- This top-notch aluminum door measures 9” by 12” which is best suited for many species.
- You can see the low battery indicator and the door closed indicator easily even from 100 yards distance.
- Every Brinsea product comes with a manual door control feature and a versatile failsafe mode which works smoothly.
- It works amazingly under 5° to 120°F temperature range.
- This chicken door opener kit features a light sensor and an integrated timer which can be controlled easily without operating any wire or limit switch.
- Low maintenance
- Configurable failsafe mode
- Easy to adjust light sensor
- Low battery warning indicator
- All-in-one automatic design
- Fully featured digital display
- High-quality aluminum for amazing corrosion resistance
- No hardware is supplied with the door kit and so you have to know how to drill aluminum for installing the door.
6. Metal Door + Automatic Chicken Coop / House Door OpenerCheck Latest Price on Amazon
- It is backed by battery so you don’t need lots of wires to supply power.
- You can easily set the time for closing or opening of the door as per your choice.
- Saves your time and energy
- This metal-made product from Titan Incubators can be used as a door or an automatic chicken coop or a house door opener or a closer timer unit.
- Best to use in the poultry houses like chicken coops, henhouses, or waterfowl.
- Easy to operate
- Easy to install
- Great saver of time and effort
- Strong metal construction
- We didn't find any cons of this product.
7. Automatic Chicken Coop Door Opener by Cheeper KeeperCheck Latest Price on Amazon
- All-in-one package that includes everything you need and offers 100% client satisfaction.
- Comes with an installation guide to for outdoor installation.
- No wires or cables required.
- Packed in 100% custom-recycled box.
- Opens or closes automatically.
- Backed by four AA batteries
- Long lasting
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Uses AXT-Electronic components
- No electrical outlet required
- Automatically opens at dawn and closes at dusk
- Weatherproof unit and offers complete UV protection
- Dust, dirt and moisture, UV, ammonia gases, lightning strike proof and impact resistant
- Includes video installation, live online support, diagrams, and complete installation guide
- Complete safety provider for your hens
- You need to buy separate time or AS Light Sensor for indoor installation
Buying Guide to Choose Best Automatic Chicken DoorsAre you planning for a new chicken coop? Well, it’s quite obvious that it can be difficult to choose a chicken door that is right. There are some basic essentials which you need to remember while going for buying the best automatic chicken door. A few are stated below:
It Must be Easy to CleanCleaning a chicken coop is quite difficult; so you might want to buy an easy-to-clean chicken door. There are many chicken doors available in the market out of which you can choose the perfect one.
Your Hens Require Proper VentilationThe best chicken door should feature good ventilation to reduce heat in summer and moisture in winter. Opt for a chicken door which maintains the balance of protection and ventilation. In a perfect chicken coop, the hens stay sheltered, dry and get flourished.
Your Hens Should be Kept Safe from the PredatorsOpt for a chicken door which comes with a strong and durable construction which is perfect to keep the predators away from the chicken house and keep your hens safe.
Consider the Size of the DoorLooking at your coop, just decide the door size so that your hens can comfortably come and go out. A standard size of poultry must be 12” by 15”. If you want to increase the size, scale your chicken door accordingly.
Check How You Want to Power the Chicken DoorAt first, check how you want to power your chicken door: Direct electricity, battery or solar? Most commercially designed automatic chicken doors are made for using 120V current that is standard household current.
Check the Door Kit ProperlyEnsure to see and check whether your bought door is featuring a door alongside controller box or only a controller box. Some kits include only controller boxes, but some include both.
Solar Charger is a Good OptionSolar charger charges batteries or you can directly connect the chicken door functions themselves. Many off-grid chicken keepers like a battery or this option, because they don’t use electricity directly. A solar charger is usually more portable for the chicken houses which are portable, as you don’t need to have a set place of connections.
Final VerdictIf you are into farm business, then buying an automatic chicken door will be a smart decision. The door openers offer sufficient protection to the flocks from all types of predators. Additionally, you don’t need to open and close the door every time. Many automatic door opener kits are available in the market and come with essential things that help you install the door easily. Hope, you have found all helpful information from our reviews on the best automatic chicken door.
Featured Image Legacy