Picking fruit using ladders is very time consuming and may cause injury if proper care is not taken. Thanks to the technological advancements which have seen the innovation of fruit pickers. You can harvest your fruits in a smooth, convenient and reliable way without damaging them. That’s not all; modern fruit pickers are lightweight and boast of padded baskets which helps reduce fatigue levels and minimize any chances of bruising the fruit during harvest time. However, these tools are not the same. We understand how a poor-quality picker can ruin your harvesting experience. Here are some of the best fruit pickers we have selected and reviewed to make your shopping hassle-free.
Our Best Pick
The Twister Fruit Picker is lightweight, gentle on the fruits and comes fully assembled making it Our Best Pick.
Our Budget Pick
Ohuhu 13-foot Fruit Picker is affordable, lightweight and has a deep basket with bruise free pad making it Our Best Budget Pick
Quick Comparison: Top 9 Best Fruit Pickers[table id=75 /]
1. The Twister Fruit PickerAre you looking for a fruit picker with an extended harvesting pole? Then this picker from Twister can be a perfect for your fruit harvesting needs. The picker features a lightweight and slim design which helps reduce strain levels when harvesting your fruits. With this picker, you do not have to worry about bruising your fruits or damaging the tree. The tool comes when fully assembled with user-friendly baskets which do not get tangled on the tree. The user-friendly design makes the fruit harvesting tool ideal to be used by anyone. What we love most about this fruit harvesting tool is its ability to harvest most fruits of different sizes and texture. The 3-pound picker boats of an integrated slide handle which allows you to open and close the picking rings effortlessly. Another welcome feature about this picker is its sturdy design. The picker is engineered with a durable and lightweight polymer which is UV resistant. Aside from picking fruits, twister picker can also be used in high ceilings to change light bulbs.
2. Ohuhu Fruit Picker ToolThe Ohuhu fruit picker features a padded basket which holds your fruits in place with its deep bruise free basket pad. This minimizes any chances of damaging the fruits. For easy and hassle-free harvesting, the tool allows you to adjust it to suit your preferred height. With Ohuhu picker, you do not have to strain or take breaks in between harvest time. The picker has been designed using a lightweight and long-lasting aluminum telescopic pole which allows you to harvest your fruits without much strain. The super easy to use picker is much lighter compared to wood and fiberglass. To minimize any chances of damaging your tree the fruit harvester basket has fingers which allow you to harvest your fruits faster.
3. Flexrake LRB190 Fruit PickerThis Flexrake fruit harvesting tool boasts of a 12ft telescopic pole which can be extended to allow you to harvest your fruits easily without the need of using ladders. The tool has a vinyl coated wire basket which is strong with a free bruise pad to keep your fruits from bruising or damage. The grab and pull action style makes the harvesting process not only easier but also fun. One thing we love about this picker is its free bruise pad which is gentle for all fruit types. This gives you peace of mind each time you are harvesting.
4. EVERSPROUT 13-Foot Fruit PickerThe 2.3-pound fruit picker from EVERSPROUT is portable and comes pre-assembled which makes the assembling process manageable. The tool has been designed using superior lightweight aluminum with Eva foam padded hand grips which gives extra solace. The tool features a twist-on basket which has been constructed using a long lasting stainless steel that is resistant to rust. The EVERSPROUT picker can be adjusted from 5 feet to 13 feet long allowing you to harvest your fruits faster. When harvesting your fruits, the tool gently twists on to the threaded pole giving you a reliable, faster and secure attachment. Unlike some of the tools which limit you from harvesting certain type of fruits, this harvester allows you to easily and effortlessly harvest your fruits despite size and texture. One thing we love about this tool is its ability to work with other twist- on tools including light bulb changers, dusters, and squeegees among others.
5. Corona FP 2312 Extendable Fruit PickerThe Corona fruit picking tool boasts of a 5.5” powder coated basket which is corrosion and rust resistant. Being one of the industry leaders, Corona has for years designed quality products which meet the industry standards, and this fruit picker is not an exception. The tool has been designed using lightweight aluminum which can be extended up to 12feet allowing you to harvest fruits without much hassle. The 2.2-pound tool hooks the fruit gently without bruising it or damaging the tree.
6. LavoHome Professional Metal Fruit PickerThis LavoHome picker features a pull style fruit catcher which makes the harvesting process easy and more enjoyable. This tough grade garden series harvesting tool has a 1” bruise-free pad which protects your fruits from damage. The tool is lightweight with an extendable handle which can be adjusted up to 15 foot long giving you the freedom to customize to suit your preferred height.
7. Soledi Fruit Picker (A-)Looking for a quality fruit picker which is gentle on soft fruits? Then this tool from Soledi may be an ideal choice for your harvesting needs. The picker has been designed using iron and a fruit catcher cloth bag which provides a gentle and safe place to collect your fruits during harvest time. The catcher bag is 20cm long with a diameter of 14cm which provides ample space for harvesting your fruits much faster. Due to its low weight, you can quickly harvest fruits without much strain.
8. Bond 9164 Wood Handle Fruit HarvesterThis 2.7 -pound fruit harvesting tool features a colorful vinyl coated head, and heavy-duty design which makes the tool pass the test of time. The picker comes as a package of a padded basket and two-piece 8-foot wooden handle which helps you harvest fruits faster without the need of using a ladder. People who gave this harvester a try were happy about its convenience and user-friendliness design.
9. Home-organizer Tech Fruit Picker PackageHome Organizer fruit harvesting tool comes with a large basket which can hold numerous fruits without bruising them. The metal tines are strong enough and can harvest fruits for long without bending. The tines are well spaced with a spacing of 0.5” which is suitable for harvesting any fruits. The tool has been constructed using iron and pure cotton to give you a reliable and convenient solution for harvesting your fruits. One thing we love about this picker is its low weight and ability to fit any pole size.
Reasons why you should use a fruit picker each time you harvesting fruits
- Fruit pickers are faster, convenient and easy to use
- Fruit harvesting tools come with padded fruit catcher bags which prevent the fruits from bruising
- Fruit pickers are gentle on the trees and can harvest fruits faster without damaging the tree
- Unlike using ladders, fruit picking tools are safe and reliable
- Modern fruit harvesting tools are designed using lightweight materials to help minimize fatigue levels
Things to consider when buying a fruit picker
MaterialFruit harvesting is a seasonal process, and the quality of your picker will dictate its durability. In regards to quality, a UV, rust, and corrosion resistant picker can defy all the outdoor challenges.
WeightFruit harvesting should be easy and fun activity. Buying a bulky picking tool will increase your fatigue and strain levels. An excellent fruit harvesting tool should be lightweight to allow you to use less hassle when harvesting.
LengthFruit pickers are of different lengths. A tool with an extendable length allows you to customize it to suit your harvesting needs.
Fruit catcher bag featuresUsing a poor-quality tool to harvest fruits can damage the tree as well as bruising the fruits. Before investing on your preferred tool, you should take time and have a look at how the manufacturer has designed the catcher bag to prevent these challenges.
Type of fruit the picker can harvestNot all harvesting tools are recommended for harvesting all sorts of fruits. If you are looking forward to harvesting different types of fruits, buying a fruit picker which can harvest varied kinds of fruits will be more economical.
ReliabilitySome fruit pickers are not strong enough and may curve the metal tines or may be weak to withstand the weight of the fruits. This may detach the basket forcing it to come down and may injure your hands. Reading customer reviews can help determine how reliable the tool is before investing on it.
Tips on how to use a fruit picker
- Ensure you use the preferred harvesting style to avoid damaging the tree
- Do not use your tool if the catcher bag does not have a bruise-free pad. This may bruise the fruits
- If your picker is recommended to be used on hard or rough textured fruits, do not use it to harvest soft fruits
- Do not use the harvesting tool if the basket is not firm. The basket may come down causing injury
What makes a good fruit picker?
- A good fruit picker should be easy to use, convenient and reliable
- A great fruit harvesting tool should be of low weight
- A good fruit picker should be able to harvest fruits without bruising them or damaging the tree.
- A good fruit picker should be able to defy outdoor and heavy duty harvesting activities
- A great fruit picker should allow you to harvest fruits without the use of a lander